Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, and a division of Health Care Service Corporation. Since 1940, the company has provided innovative solutions to make health care accessible and affordable to individuals, families, seniors and employer groups in New Mexico.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico offers a variety of flexible plan benefit options with access to a large network of physicians, hospitals and other healthcare providers.
Request a Quote and Join Now!
BCBS of New Mexico Member Access and Features
BCBSNM customers get complimentary access to many additional programs such as:
Blue Care Connection®
Health and Wellness programs:
Special Beginnings® prenatal care support
Behavioral Health support
The Blue365® offers discounts to fitness, healthy eating, personal care and health and wellness programs throughout the year.
Provides access to BCBS’s contracted hospital and physicians while traveling.
Individual and Family Coverage Options
Individual and family plans offered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico (BCBSNM) follow the guidelines and essential benefits requirements set by the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Premiums and coverage vary depending on the “ACA metal plan” level selected.
BCBSNM plans are available both on and off the state’s health insurance exchange. For plans offered through the exchange, tax credits can help lower your premium, deductible, copays and coinsurance if you qualify.
1. Bronze Plans – These health insurance plans offer you the lowest monthly premiums but often leave you with higher out-of-pocket costs than other metal plans. Bronze plans typically cover 60% of qualified costs.
2. Silver Plans – Silver plan premiums are slightly higher than bronze plans and typically pay 70% of approved costs.
3. Gold Plans – These plans have the higher premiums than both bronze and silver health plans, while paying up to 80% of qualified benefits.
4. Platinum Plans – For individuals and families who seek frequent medical attention, Platinum plans pay up to 90% of qualified expenses, while resulting in low out-of-pocket or deductible patient cost.
5. Health Savings Account (HSA) plans – HSA plans are tax-advantaged savings accounts combined with a qualified high-deductible health insurance plan. HSA plans allow you to use the pre-tax contributions to pay for many qualified expenses.
6. Catastrophic Plans – BCBSNM’s Blue Security PPO plans offer you low premiums in exchange for high deductibles. Some of these plans qualify for a cost-sharing discount which can lower your monthly costs.
7. Short-term health insurance – BCBSNM Blue Transitions short-term health insurance plans can provide coverage between open enrollment periods. Blue Transitions provides three deductible level options and coverage periods ranging from 1 to 11 months depending on residency location.
All of BCBSNM’s health insurance plans provide prescription drug coverage but will also vary depending on plan type.
Applying for Coverage
Get an instant quote or contact your HSA for America Personal Benefits Manager at 1-800-913-0172 with any questions.
749 S. Lemay Ave, Suite A3-116, Fort Collins, CO 80524 | 800-913-0172 | info@HSAforAmerica.com | © 2020 - All Rights Reserved
Disclaimer: All information on this website is relayed to the best of the Company's ability, but does not guarantee accuracy. Information may be out of date. The content provided on this site is intended for informational purposes only and does not guarantee price or coverage. This site is not intended as, and does not constitute, accounting, legal, tax, and/or other professional advice. Determination of actual price is subject to Carriers.